Tuesday, June 12, 2012

No vs Stop

A friend who also struggles with compulsive overeating recently told me that it is a lot easier to say "No" than "Stop".  At first, I disagreed.  When I've been binge eating on a regular basis, like I have been recently, saying no seems almost impossible.  I get to a point where I don't really even try.

Then I began thinking about how difficult it is to stop after I've begun eating certain foods.   After pondering, I decided that my friend is right.  While finding the motivation to say no to taking that first bite of a trigger food can be terribly difficult, once I've taken that first bite I can seldom stop.

Which is easier for you?

On another note, I'm proud to say that I've been binge free today!!!  This is the first day in quite some time, and I plan to continue this trend.

2 comments:

  1. For me it is easier to say no.
    Once I drink a soda or open a bag of chips... it's like I must have it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    I am so happy you are having a binge free day. I wish you all the best. I will be off line for while taking care of what is going on in our family this week but please know your binge free day is the best news I read on line today. I remain binge free and send hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete