Wednesday, July 18, 2012

following suggestions

Diane's comment on yesterday's post inspired today's post.  The reasons for losing weight sometimes seem so obvious, but having them in black and white and really examining them can be important.  Her idea for making three small goals is great too.  If I look at the long term, I get so overwhelmed that it's very difficult to realize that even small changes make a difference.

So - I might as well make this a public reminder for myself.

Reasons for losing weight:

1-God should be the number one priority in my life.  If I'm honest with myself, food is a huge priority.
2- My health.  I want to live a long, healthy life and be able to enjoy my children and any future grandchildren.  I don't want to be a burden to my family because I've made poor choices.
3- I want to look good.  Let's be honest - vanity is a big reason for wanting to lose weight.  I'm tired of being ashamed to wear short sleeves when it's 100 degrees outside.
4- Energy.  I like to have the energy to do normal things, rather than tiring easily.
5-No shame.  I hate being ashamed of my lack of control.  Yes, I believe that it's possible to be addicted to food.  However, I'm still fully responsible for what goes into my mouth.  I don't want my children to be ashamed of me either.
6-Avoidance.  I'm tired of avoiding people and events due to my weight.  When I catch a glimpse of someone I know in public, my first thought is "what weight was I when they last saw me".  How sad is that?  If I was thinner the last time that I saw them, odds are I'm going to try to avoid them.  And events?  That's another issue altogether.  How many things have a avoided due to my weight?  Water parks. Pool parties. It would take forever to mention them all.
7-Peace.  I want to feel peace rather than guilt, shame, anxiety and depression.

Three small goals will be a separate post after I've given it some thought.  What are your reasons for losing weight?


1 comment:

  1. I fear about making the wrong choices and have it affect my future.
    My family has heart issues and cholesterol is a big problem - certainly also the fact that my clothes are tight right now or just dont fit.

    ReplyDelete