Saturday, March 10, 2012

15 pounds gone!!!

I've lost 15 pounds in the past four weeks!!!  After my  recent gain, I actually thought it would take much longer for the weight to come off.  I assume the speed at which I was able to lose was due to water weight, etc.  Regardless of the reason, I'm very happy that I've lost 15 of the 21 pounds I gained.

Since the weight is coming off, and most importantly to me, I'm not having the incessant overwhelming sugar cravings that I dealt with during December and January I'm going to continue with the new habits I've made.

I tweaked my plan (low fat, low/no sugar, no "whites") a bit based on "Potatoes Not Prozac" by Kathleen DesMaisons, which I've found to be an excellent resource on sugar addiction.

Here is a quick look at my current plan:

1. Eat breakfast with protein.  (also add a complex carb, eat within an hour of waking, and never skip breakfast)
2.  Eat three meals a day that include protein.  (I know many people feel that six mini meals are best.  For the addict in me, eating more than three times a day causes problems.  That's just three more meals a day to have difficulty saying "no" when I'm full)
3.  I added Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex and Zinc to my existing Vitamins, which were Vitamin D and Calcium.
4.  Eat a potato about 1 hour before bedtime.  (This increases the serotonin in your brain)

That's my plan in a nutshell.  Sounds fairly simple, doesn't it?  Of course, there are other details but these are the main components I suppose.  It's pretty obvious that cutting out sugar tremendously cuts down on cravings, but how does some of these other aspects of the plan help?  Apparently it's all about biochemistry for sugar addicts.  All I know right now is, it's working so I'm staying with it.

1 comment: