Sunday, April 22, 2012

5K

My sister and I walked a 5K yesterday.  It was the first time I'd done anything like that, and it was fun!  The weather was perfect and the route was only slightly challenging.  Since I've severely slacked in the exercise and healthy eating department recently, I felt less prepared than I wanted to be.   I was still able to keep a good pace, though.

Eating was a bit better today, but I'm still not really back on track.  I'm not giving up.  I need to move out of the all or nothing thinking.  I need to realize that there isn't an end to this.  This is a journey.  Yes, there is sort of an end when I reach an acceptable weight, but the journey doesn't end there.  The journey involves many, many choices.  Each time I pick up food or a beverage, choose whether to exercise or do something sedentary, take vitamins or not......all of these actions are choices in my journey to be a healthy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment