Sunday, May 6, 2012

Greek yogurt

I finally got around to giving greek yogurt another try.  For breakfast this morning, I mixed blueberries, greek yogurt, Splenda and almonds together.  It was really good!  I was pleasantly surprised.  I think it will be filling enough to hold me until lunch.

On another note, we're having a party at work on Tuesday for one of my co-worker's birthdays.  She is usually the party planner; since it's her party I volunteered to coordinate this time.  Not only is she the planner, she usually brings dessert, and she bakes really well.  I work very closely with her, and I want her day to be special, so I really wanted to have something home made for her.  No one else volunteered to bring the dessert, so I will be making cupcakes.  Dangerous, huh?

Fortunately, my daughter loves to bake so she will be helping me.  This will give me accountability so I won't be tempted to sample the finished product or lick the frosting off the knife.  She can do that :)  The other foods at the party will be safe.  We're getting party trays from a local deli that include sandwiches, fruit, and a cheese tray.  One of the sandwiches included is turkey on wheat.  I do need to be careful with the cheese, though.  That can quickly become a problem food.  My co-workers will hold me accountable.

Also - I went grocery shopping by myself Friday after work, and I didn't purchase junk!!!!!  Victory!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment