Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Time to get serious

The past 6 months have been a wash when it comes to weight loss.  I've been the proverbial yo-yo dieter. Up and down, up and down.  The result being that I weigh about the same as I did 6 months ago.  While this is definitely a journey with no end, and it is made up of daily choices that should culminate in a healthy lifestyle, there is still an end when it comes to weight loss.  I need to get serious about this.

The past few days have included sugar.  Not huge binge amounts, but enough.  I will not accomplish my weight loss goals or my long term overall healthy lifestyle goals by doing this.  It's time to wake up and get back on track!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel.
    I have been eating more than usual and the worst part is that i am aware and i continue to do so. I am eating a piece of cake and am thinking about how i should not be.
    All my clothes are tight and i feel hopeless.
    I am not in the mood for exercise either....
    I need some tips from you, maybe giving me those tips can also help you get back on track ?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorena - you are always so kind and sweet. I appreciate your comment. Sorry that you're having difficulty. I'm confidant that you will get back on track quickly.

    I recommend concentrating on eating natural, non-processed foods. Plenty of lean meats, veggies, fruits and some whole grains. I don't think you're a sugar addict, so you are probably fine indulging in a treat once a week or so. When you do this, make sure that it is something special that you'll really enjoy.

    If you can't get into an exercise routine, try starting with 10 minutes a day. 10 minutes is manageable. Once you've mastered that, add 5 minutes. Once you're consistent with 15 minutes a day, move to 20. Eventually have a goal of 30 minutes for 5 days a week.

    You can do this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete