Tuesday, August 14, 2012

interesting weekend

Dear Diary,

I had such a great weekend!  Friday, we traveled to attend my son's first bodybuilding competition.  We had a great time, and it was far more interesting to watch than I'd expected.

I am so proud of my son.  He has been lifting weights for several years, and he's extremely dedicated.  He's disciplined with his exercise routine and his diet.  He was the youngest competitor (20 years old) and he placed in the top 5 in the men's debut category!!!!

It was wonderful to spend time with my family, and I appreciated it so very much.

Seeing all of these healthy people caused mixed emotions.  I was embarrassed at my lack of self control.  Regardless of suffering from food addiction, I still need to take responsibility for my choices.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Melanie congratulations !
    Because even though i don't have kids - i do believe that our children`s achievements are ours too.
    I also think that you are on the path to get back in track :)

    ReplyDelete