Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blog makeover

Dear Diary,

Once again I've been too ashamed and embarrassed to write a blog post.  My weight is up.  (That's an understatement).  I've continued to overeat.  I'm very rarely exercising.  From all appearances, I've given up.  Why bother posting?  What good would it do?

Then I remembered. Yes, I did begin this blog as mainly a weight loss blog.  Yes, I steadily lost weight from January to around December of 2011 for what I'd really hoped would be the last time.  However - I began this blog for me.  It's healthy to write out one's thoughts.  Especially for those like myself who tend to stuff their feelings inside rather than sharing them.  Who cares what anyone else thinks?  I only have a few followers.  For anyone who can learn something from what I have to write here, that's wonderful.  Even if it's simply that they learn that they are not suffering alone.  That is such a major lesson to learn.  For anyone who doesn't understand, doesn't care, or is frustrated by my current outward lack of progress - they can move on.  If there are those who would like to encourage or make recommendations, then I welcome that.

I changed my blog appearance a bit.  One of the main changes is that I removed the weight loss area.  I was hesitant to do this, because I do need to work on that.  At this point, though, I'm learning that my weight is a side effect of the disease of compulsive overeating.  If I don't address the tough stuff, then the weight will always return.  If I address the "issues", then weight loss will come.

Welcome to my journey; the good, the bad, the frustrations and the triumphs.

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the most important things here Melanie is the fact that you are not ignoring the issue. THAT is a HUGE start.

    ReplyDelete