Tuesday, October 18, 2011

change

"When concerned about change, consider the beauty of Autumn."

Most of us are resistant to change.  Some of us more than others.  I have a real problem dealing with new things.  It makes my anxiety level skyrocket.  Over the years, I've learned coping skills but it is still difficult.

The quote I saw today reminded me that change isn't always a negative thing.  Since I am so resistant to change, my "knee jerk" reaction is one of negativity and fear.

I suppose the reason the quote struck me as appropriate today is that my husband will start a new job on Monday.  However, this is a very different position than he has had in the past and it will (at first at least) involve quite a bit of travel.

This worries me a bit because I don't want to use this is an excuse to binge.  I need to look at the positive aspects of this rather than the negative.  There can be beauty in change; I just need to recognize it.

2 comments:

  1. Melanie I totally understand because i do not like change - but the most important and positive aspect is that he got a job - focus on this first.
    Hugs
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading your next post. Hope you are well.

    Jane~
    Keepingthepoundsoff.com

    ReplyDelete