Thursday, July 21, 2011

lots of cravings

I can't seem to get my mind off of food today.  Lots of cravings for sugary treats.  I assume that it has to do with the increased exposure to junk food over the last several days.  I didn't eat any of it, but visual stimulation can be powerful sometimes.  Not to mention, that within about 15 minutes of arriving at work this morning I was offered cookies, muffins and candy.

The cravings have been frequent, but they haven't been those overwhelming I'm going to die if I don't eat this kind.  I've easily been able to immediately remind myself that eating junk isn't worth it.  A few minutes of pleasure would be so minor compared to the days of continued cravings that would follow.  It's still annoying to constantly have thoughts of food popping into my head.

My husband will be out of town until Sunday afternoon/evening.  I try to tell myself that this has nothing to do with my eating habits, but I think it does.  I am a very independent person, so intellectually it doesn't really seem that his being away from home effects my eating habits.  However, if I look at my track record  I think it does.  I'm not sure if I get more lonely than what I think I do, or if it has simply been a matter of having more opportunity to eat junk with no accountability.  Either way, I need to be super vigilant right now.

One day at a time.  Actually, make that one hour at a time today.

1 comment:

  1. I think I eat worse when my husband is out of town too, probably because I revert back to my old habits of just eating whatever, whenever. He's always been a breakfast, lunch, dinner kind of guy, while I'm more of a graze-all-day person.

    ReplyDelete