Sunday, April 3, 2011

Exercise

The dreaded word.  I've never really been a fan of physical exertion.  I absolutely dreaded gym class when I was in school.  I wasn't really overweight then, but I'm not very coordinated and don't excel at sports.  There has been only been one time in my life that I actually came to enjoy walking, and I even did Taebo!

At my current weight, exercise is very difficult.  Therefore, I've rationalized the fact that I haven't begun any form of exercise.  "I'm going to eat healthy for a while first."  "I'm taking baby steps in this journey".  That's what I've been telling myself since I began in January.

This week, I've walked several times.  I've only spent about 15 minutes walking each time.  The area of my street where I'm walking is mostly flat, so the first part of my excersions have been pleasant.  Walking back home on a slight to medium incline has been difficult.  It's embarassing that I'm so out of breath when I'm done.

My husband went with me one night, and my daughter went with me the other times.  That has helped.  I'm praying for motivation to continue with this area of my journey to be healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment