Saturday, April 16, 2011

I've lost 48 pounds!

Wow!  It's nice to see the results of healthy eating.  I still have a lot more weight to lose, but I'm proud of my progress.

Ultimately, my goal is to have consistent healthy habits.  I want to make healthy food and exercising a part of the norm, not a part of a diet that will change as soon as I've lost the weight that I need to lose.

I ate lunch at McDonald's today.  It definitely wasn't my first choice, but due to circumstances that weren't entirely within my control, McDonald's it was.  I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich without the mayo.  According to their web site, this sandwich has 420 calories, 10 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber ,11 grams of sugar(!!??), 32 grams of protein, and 1190 grams of sodium.  Removing the mayo should have dropped the fat grams a bit.  I'm not very happy with the sugar and the sodium. Overall, though, I'm happy with my choice and it was satisfying. I'm glad I didn't add the fruit and yogurt parfait - it has 21 grams of sugar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment