Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Break

Spring Break hasn't been as challenging as I expected!  What a blessing.  I've enjoyed not having to go to work this week, and my daughter is out of school.  We haven't done anything super exciting, but it has been nice not to have to set an alarm clock.  We've gone to the movies, shopped (too much!), I've done some spring cleaning, and a few other things.  

As I mentioned before, during times like these in the past I've spent more time than I'd care to admit eating. Curling up with a good book and some form of junk food has always been my idea of relaxation.  There is a big part of me that misses that.  However, I know that I can't allow habits like that to remain in my life.

This week I've been more active than I would have in the past.  I've walked every day, spent some time every day cleaning, etc.  Sure - I've spent time reading and relaxing, but not as much as I would have in the past.

I haven't really had any cravings to speak of!!!!  I can't begin to describe what a relief that is.

On Sunday, we are having a breakfast at church and we've been invited to my sister's house for dinner.  I'm planning to skip the breakfast.  I'm taking two desserts to my sister's house.  Some would say that doing so is an unwise move for a sugar addict, but I'm going to plan well.  I'm making carrot cake and chocolate nests.  The carrot cake isn't too much of a temptation.  The chocolate nests might be.  I plan to ask my daughter to help me bake, so that I will have some accountability.  I absolutely will not bring any leftovers home.

A decision I haven't quite made yet is what to eat at dinner.  I'm not quite sure of the menu, but I believe there will be traditional Southern items - ham, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, rolls etc.  I don't have a problem eating the ham.  Even though I'm currently eating a vegan diet for the most part, eating meat occasionally isn't a problem for me.  It's the rest of the menu that I'm unsure of.  Do I stay with only fruits and veggies?  Or do I eat small amounts of some of the potatoes and mac & cheese?  I'm definitely not at a point where I could eat a small amount of dessert as a rare treat.  That slope is too slippery for now, and it may always be.

What would you suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment