Monday, August 22, 2011

a day of reflection

Today is my 38th birthday.  It's a good time to reflect on my past, learn from it, and move toward future goals.  It's also a great time to take note of my many blessings.

In some ways, it seems like just yesterday I was graduating from high school.  In other ways, that seems light years away.  It's amazing how slowly time seems to pass when you're in school.  After that, it passes so very quickly.

A wise elderly lady once told me that these are the best years of my life.  She reminded me to make sure that I appreciate them.  It is so easy to get caught up in work, raising kids, appointments, paying bills, and all of the other details of life that we don't stop to savor the important things.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday Melanie!!! Hope you had a great day! I often say feeling grateful makes me feel the most happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fantastic birthday, Melanie! Good for you for taking some time to reflect and appreciate life. Birthdays tend to do that to a person, don't they? ;)

    ReplyDelete