Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"new" clothes

Someone at work recently commented on my weight loss.  She is also in the process of trying to lose a fairly large amount of weight, so she can definitely understand this journey.

Today, she mentioned that she could particularly notice my weight loss because of what I was wearing.  I was actually wearing a cardigan and shell in a great clover green color.  It has been in my closet for probably 5 years or more, and I haven't been able to wear it for a very long time.  I tried it this morning, and at first I thought it was still a little too tight.  However, after studying my reflection for a little longer I decided that it was ok.

I think that those of us who struggle with our weight, particularly if you've been a "yo-yo dieter" and have had drastic weight changes, can sometimes have a difficult time determining if clothes fit properly.  That probably sounds crazy, but it's true.  I think we have a tendency to wear items a little too loosely to try to hide our imperfections.

It was nice to get a compliment, and it was nice to be able to wear something "new" that was apparently flattering!

2 comments:

  1. HIIII
    I am in Woodbrige but am driving tomorrow to NY
    to see my brother I will be back probably Monday or Tuesday next week. Where are you ?
    lorena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorena,

    I'm in Central VA, close to Lynchburg. I'm about 3 to 3 1/2 hours from Woodbridge. It would be nice to meet, but i don't know that I would have the time next week. (My co-worker is on vacation so I will be working quite a bit).

    ReplyDelete