Monday, February 7, 2011

Temptations

How much of a temptation is it for you to be around foods that you're trying to avoid?  At the office, for example?

Today, we had a birthday party for a co-worker.  I chose not to bring anything, because I knew that if I didn't I wouldn't eat any of the goodies that other people brought.  The cake. The chicken salad on rolls.  The chips and dip.  It actually didn't bother me.

Then someone put two trays of cookies and brownies near my desk.  I could smell them.  That made things a bit harder.  I should have moved them, but I didn't.  I didn't eat any of them, and I didn't stop on the way home from work to buy something similar as I would have in the past.  Victory!!

During all of that, a pizza party was being planned for Friday.  Sigh.  Do you ever feel alone in your journey to being healthy?  Do you ever feel as if you're the only person that is trying to avoid high fat, high sugar foods?  Or maybe that others eat healthy 80% of the time so that they're comfortable indulging occasionally?

Indulging once in a while hasn't worked well for me in the past.  The small "treats" so quickly progress into a binge.

I will make a plan for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment