Wednesday, November 23, 2011

overeating or bingeing?

I got hungry last night around 9pm.  This is unusual; I eat a dinner full of filling fiber and protein every evening to avoid the evening munchies.  For whatever reason, last night I got hungry.  I've learned over the years that 3 meals a day works well for me.  I know that many nutritionists recommend 4-6 smaller meals a day for a variety of reasons, but snacking just doesn't work for me.  I eat that small portion, and then think "where's the rest".

Anyway, feeling hungry at 9pm is not the end of the world.  I go to bed around 10pm, and I wasn't overly hungry so eating nothing was certainly an option.  Another good choice would have been a small but filling snack such as almonds.  I didn't do that.  Over a period of probably 20 minutes, I had 4 slices of cheddar cheese, 1 weight watchers wedge of low fat swiss, and a couple of handfuls of peanuts, almonds and chex mix.

My first reaction was to not mention this on the blog, and to move on.  It wasn't really a binge, was it?  At least not in the traditional sense, if there is such a thing.  However, does a "normal" (I use that term loosely) person that doesn't have disordered eating patterns do things like that?  I don't know.  Does it really matter what "normal" people do in comparison to how I eat?

Ultimately, what I did wasn't a smart choice for me and I want to make sure I document it.  I should have either went to bed, or ate a small snack.

I'm moving on, though.  I'll post more about Thanksgiving plans later.

No comments:

Post a Comment