Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving results

Thanksgiving was really nice!!  I enjoyed spending time with my family.  For lunch I ate small amounts of all of my favorites.  I made sure to include turkey so I would have filling protein in my meal to help balance the carbs.  I didn't eat dessert.  I was very tempted by a lowfat cheesecake, but I knew even a small piece would be a bad idea.

For dinner, I again ate small portions of my favorites and included some turkey.  I did go back for a second roll and second medium/large serving of stuffing.  It was soooooo delicious.  I didn't eat dessert, I didn't overeat.  Dessert was even more tempting here.....but I didn't eat any.

It was so pleasant to focus on conversation with family and friends rather than completely focusing on the food.   It was also wonderful to feel good after each meal.  I didn't have that overstuffed/my pants are too tight/ I want a nap/ I ate so much I'm going to die  feeling.  

I'm calling this a successful holiday.  Hope you enjoyed yours, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment