Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving plan

Tomorrow we will have lunch at my sister's house and dinner at my father-in-law's house.  After pondering this for a week or so, I have decided on my eating plan.  I will not eat sugary desserts and treats.  It's just not worth it. If I could handle moderation, that would be fine.  But I know that I can't.  Sure, I may only eat one serving in front of everyone else, but that sugar will prompt me to crave more for days to come.  Fortunately, I don't like pumpkin pie, pecan pie or sweet potato pie so most of the traditional desserts won't be tempting to me.

I have decided to indulge in a few things that I don't currently eat on a regular basis.  I'm confidant that I will be able to have small servings of mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and stuffing, enjoy them, and move on.   Sweet potatoes may not be on my plate, though.  It will depend on how they are prepared.  My step-mother-in-law is a weight watchers leader, so I think she'll probably have some sweet potatoes that are not loaded with marshmallows.  I haven't decided how to handle bread yet.  Since I've been eating healthy, on several occasions I've eaten one roll and I've been ok with that.  However, rolls can be part of the slippery slope to overeating so I may need to avoid them.

I will make sure to eat turkey at both meals.  I don't really like turkey very much, so most Thanksgiving I don't eat any.  I'd much rather fill up on all of the refined carbs.  This Thanksgiving will be different.  I know that the turkey is healthy and filling so it will be part of my meals.  

So this is my plan.  What is your plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment