Friday, March 11, 2011

Another work party

We're having a party a work on Monday.  Last time, I simply didn't go.  It was at lunch, and we had pizza, bread sticks, wings.....in other words nothing healthy.  This time, the main entree will be tacos.  At first, I thought I would bow out of this one as well.  There will be a smorgasbord of other foods along with the tacos that will be tempting for me.  Then I decided to join in on my own terms.

I can't eat beef (I'm allergic), so I decided to bring shredded chicken and whole wheat soft shell tortillas. I have been eating vegan, but the shredded chicken recipe I found ( http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Crockpot-Chicken-Tacos) is fairly healthy.  As long as I don't add cheese and sour cream to mine, and avoid the other unhealthy fare that will be available I will be ok.

This will give me the opportunity to join in without compromising my healthy eating plan.  I'll let you know how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment