Saturday, March 19, 2011

Content

This morning, my son suggested that I switch from cereal to oatmeal for breakfast every morning because it is healthier.  I like oatmeal, but I like cereal better.  I've been eating Fiber One cereal that only has 6 grams of sugar.  It is very filling.  I mentioned that I was content with what I've been doing.

Apparently I used the word content when he told me that I needed to cut out carbs at dinner.  He's convinced that doing so would lead to faster weight loss.

When I came home from the grocery store this morning, I found  a note from my son that indicated that I'd been using the word "content" a lot lately.

My son is an extremely dedicated weight lifter/body builder, so the word content isn't necessarily a positive word to him.  I believe he associates it with settling rather than working hard.

While my son's suggestions may be good ones, I fear making changes right now.  My eating plan is causing steady weight loss, I've had very few cravings, and I haven't binged very often.  To me, this equals success.

I'm also looking ahead.  I don't want to focus too heavily on the future, because doing so can lead to discouragement when I contemplate the large amount of weight I need to lose.  However, my main concern is not loosing weight.  It is keeping it off.  During this process, I want to learn healthy habits that I can continue with for life.

What does content mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment