Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No computer!!

I haven't posted in a while because my computer is sick.  It should be fixed in a few days.  Amazing how dependent we are on technology, isn't it?

Sunday was my son's 19th birthday.  I can't believe it!!  It seems like just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital.  I digress.  Anyway....for his birthday, he wanted to have dinner at my mom's house.  Thankfully, most of my family tries to eat healthy so this wasn't a stressful event.  I ate baked chicken, salad and fruit salad.  Everything was yummy!

Tomorrow we will be having yet another lunch meeting at work.  The boss is ordering Quizno's for everyone.  I've actually never eaten there.  As usual, it is astonishing to read the nutrition information.  Some of the items that you assume would be "safe" choices are not!  After studying their web site for quite a while, I finally settled on a regular honey bourbon chicken sub on whole wheat.  At 520 calories and 8 grams of fat, it's an ok choice.  Sure, I could have asked for the small size.  I probably should have asked for the mustard and the sauce on the side.

Since I haven't eaten there before, I'm not sure how large the "regular" sub is.  At 520 calories, it will definitely be my whole meal!!  If I get full before finishing, I'll save some.

A friend recently mentioned that she was reading "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst.  After reading a synopsis of the book, I signed up to receive her emails.  They were very thought provoking, so I purchased the book on Saturday.  I've been reading one chapter a day.  The chapters are short, but very thought provoking.  I am an avid reader, so I could probably read the entire book in one day.  However, I have a tendency to read to fast.  I decided to read only one chapter a day so that what I was reading could "sink in".

So far, I've enjoyed the book.  I'll go into more detail later.

No comments:

Post a Comment