Saturday, May 28, 2011

improved attitude

I'm doing better now.  Once I changed my self talk to be more positive, the cravings lessened quite a bit.

I had a lot of fun with my daughter today.  We went to a thrift store, and I got a few fun things.  I probably don't go to the thrift store as often as I should - you can really find some great deals!  I got a Fossil purse for $2!!!  It still had the tag on it!!!  I also purchased a pair of jeans.  This may sound boring, but it's a big deal for me.  I don't feel like jeans flatter me at all, at least not at my highest weight.  Even at this weight, I don't love how they look.  However, I was shocked to find my size (finding a size that's on the larger end of plus sizes and is a petite length is challenging in retail stores.  At a thrift shop it's almost impossible)  They are a really nice dark wash too.

The look on my daughter's face when I asked her opinion made me instantly decide to buy the jeans.  "Mom, I've never seen you wear jeans!  They look great!"  That made me sad.  She doesn't remember that I often wore jeans when she was a baby, and she doesn't remember that I wore them all the time when I lost a tremendous amount of weight and spent a year or two at a normal weight when she was around 5 or 6.  I hope that there will come a time when I'm comfortable in most any style.

Thanks, Lorena (http://myeverydaywear.blogspot.com/) for the thrift store recommendation!  I think that will become a smart option for buying clothes while I'm losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment