Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day (a little late) to all you mom's out there!

Mother's Day was really nice.  What was even better, is that I ate healthy!  I was slightly concerned about dinner, but it went well.  I ate grilled chicken, lots of veggies and some delicious strawberries.

On another note, I was going through some pictures last night and got a little down.  I very, very seldom allow my picture to be taken.  I've never liked having my picture taken, and it just got worse as my weight climbed.  In looking through some pictures my mom had from about 2006 to present, there were a few pictures of me.  It was awful.  Most of the pictures I think I was about the same weight I am, perhaps a little heavier.  Even though I know I have a very large amount of weight to lose, I don't focus on that.  I take things day by day.  Seeing pictures was hard.

I'm going to get past that, though.  I am working on getting healthier, and I need to focus on long term not short term.  What difference does it make if it could realistically take 2 years to lose what I need to?  Those 2 years are going to happen anyway, right?

I will look at the bigger picture.  I will try harder to avoid the "when I've lost all this weight I will____________" trap.

I will overcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment