Friday, May 20, 2011

new clothes

I went shopping today.  Mainly because I had a few coupons that were too good to pass up, but I could also use a few things since some of my clothes are too big now.  That is a good thing, but shopping while you are losing weight can be challenging!

I have a lot of weight to lose, so it's not cost effective to buy an entire wardrobe for each size.  I purchased a pair of pants today in a smaller size than I expected.  However, rather than being excited I was disgusted at my image in the dressing room mirror.

I was reminded of how far I have to go.  I was also reminded of the many pounds that I have lost, regained, lost again, regained again.  You know the drill.

This negative self talk could have easily ended with a binge.  But it didn't!!!!  It was hard, but I tried to turn the negative self talk into positive.  I've been working hard, and the results show on the scale.  Regardless of what weight I am, I am worth spending time on my appearance.  I enjoy dressing fashionably, and I can do that as I'm losing weight.  It's challenging, but I can do it.

I am worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment