Saturday, May 28, 2011

Struggling today

Today has been a rough day.  I've been craving everything imaginable.  Potatoes, potato chips, dip, chocolate, candy, cookies, ice cream.....anything full of fat and/or sugar.  I haven't been eating differently, so I can only attribute it to stress.

Sometimes I get so tired of struggling with this.  Then I realize that I really need to stop the "pity party" before it starts.  I am so blessed!!!  Despite being overweight, I am healthy.  I have a wonderful family, a job that I like, my family is healthy.....I could keep going.

It is so easy to focus on my struggles.  Everyone has at least one thing that they struggle with.  Compulsive overeating is the demon that I fight.  I will not let it define me.

I will overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment