Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mowing the grass

I've been walking every day for a few weeks now, and I'm enjoying it!  I've worked my way from 20 minutes to about 40 almost every day.  My husband has been going with me most evenings, so it has really been a great opportunity for us to spend some time together.  Isn't it amazing how we can be home with our family  but not really interacting?  So many distractions.  When we're walking, we have good quality time together.

Yesterday, my husband needed to mow the grass.  Since he doesn't usually get home until 7:00 p.m. he didn't really have time to walk and mow.

Most of our lawn can be done with the riding mower, but there are parts that have to be done with the push mower.

Guess what?  I mowed the grass.  I know this probably sounds extremely boring and uninteresting, but I couldn't even tell you the last time I did this.  It was good exercise, and I didn't really get tired and winded!  Not all of the areas were flat, either.  I didn't really pay attention to the time, but I'm pretty sure it took me at least 30 minutes.

Things many active folks consider normal are difficult when you're extremely overweight.  I'm grateful that I'm slowly but steadily becoming more active.

No comments:

Post a Comment