Friday, June 17, 2011

how to shop while losing weight

I'm finding that many of my clothes are too large now, which is a nice feeling!  I've posted before about the challenge of shopping for clothes while losing weight; specifically the challenge as it relates to someone such as myself who has a lot of weight to lose.

There are two other struggles I have that relate to this.  First, there is a large part of me (no pun intended!) that doesn't want to get rid of clothing as it becomes too large for me.  I've been on this journey so many times I've lost count.  Despite the fact that I'm committed to being healthy, and that this is a lifetime commitment, I guess I still doubt that I will never need these large sizes again.

When shopping for clothing, I often see great items at good prices that I'd like to buy even though they would be far too small right now.  This is especially tempting when I find a brand new item at the thrift store for $3.  I know that I will eventually need clothing in these sizes, but since I've been unsuccessful at this battle so many times before I don't purchase the item.  There are some items, such as sweaters or jackets, that I don't really know what size I will be during the season that I will need them.  This is the excuse I use for not purchasing an item in a smaller size rather than facing the fact that I still don't have  complete confidence that I will lose the weight I need to and keep it off for the rest of my life.

Does anyone else struggle with these issues?  Self doubt?

No comments:

Post a Comment