Saturday, January 29, 2011

14 pounds lost!!!

I've lost 14 pounds since I began this healthy eating plan!  Wow!  Of course, the cynic in me reminds me that losing weight has never actually been a problem, it's keeping it off.  I need to push those thoughts aside and take this one day at a time.  A lifetime of healthy eating can seem overwhelming, but one day at a time is manageable.

The only aspect of my eating plan that I may change is the "no dairy".  If I do that, I will only add skim milk for my cereal in the mornings.  So far, I've only been eating oatmeal and I use water rather than milk.  Oatmeal is so filling!  However, if I don't get the right consistency it can be so gross!!

This morning I bought some Kashi cereal that has a lot of fiber and protein and is almost as low in sugar as the oatmeal I've been buying.  I also bought some soy milk to try with it.  I've never tried soy milk or almond milk, or any milk other than cow's milk.

I'll let you know how this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment