Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Genetics

What do you think of when you hear the word genetics?  Do you immediately picture your family?  Perhaps you think of your hair color or eye color.  If you are overweight, maybe you think of those in your family tree who struggle with this as well.

Yes, our genetics play a large part in our appearance, our health, even our personalities.  Many aspects of our appearance, such as hair color or eye color, we have no control over.  (Excluding colored contacts and having our hair colored, of course!).  Do you ever use genetics as an excuse for your weight?

It is so easy to rationalize a weight problem.  "Everyone in my family is large."  "I have big bones".  Yes, if you have a family history of weight problems you may struggle with the same.  Yes, you may have a large frame and may never be tiny.  However, we must not use this is an excuse!!  (Yes, speaking to myself here).

On another note, I mentioned in a previous post that I did not have to work this week.  I've done well with this!  Unlike many other such weeks, I've not spent much of my time eating.  I've maintained my healthful low fat, high fiber, low/no sugar eating plan!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment