Friday, January 14, 2011

6 pounds gone!!!

The scale has been my enemy for as long as I can remember.  If I lost weight, it was not enough.  Which, depending on my mood, could cause me to justify a binge.  After all, I'd lost weight.  What would it hurt?  If I gained weight, I felt worthless due to my lack of self control.  The self loathing easily led to a binge.

Due to this, when I was in the process of losing a substantial amount of weight a number of years ago I did not weight myself for about a year.  I could gauge my progress by my clothing, and I didn't have to deal with the emotional roller coaster getting on the scale could cause.

It's amazing how much some of us attach our self worth to the number on the scale.  We give that one simple object so much power over our lives! We allow it to decide what kind of day we're having.  We allow it to dictate how we feel about ourselves.

When I began this eating plan, I decided to wait until the three week trial was over to check my weight.  I changed my mind today.  I really shouldn't have, but I did.  Since I've only been on this plan for six days, one of which included a binge, I really didn't expect much of a change on the scale. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I've lost six pounds!!  How exciting!!  I plan to continue with the vegan way of eating for the full three weeks, then re-evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment