Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Story

Welcome to my journey to get, and stay, healthy!  I have struggled with my weight for my entire adult life. I am a compulsive overeater, an emotional eater, and I am addicted to sugar.  Especially in the form of chocolate.  I am convinced that there will be chocolate in heaven!!!!

I could be the "poster child" for yo-yo dieting.  Over the years I've managed to lose weight many times, but have never been able to successfully maintain the weight loss for more than a year.  Food, particular food with sugar and/or fat, is my "drug" of choice.

In 2011, I will turn 38 years old, I will celebrate 20 years of marriage to my high school sweetheart, and my 20th high school reunion.  Despite my need to lose a large amount of weight, I fortunately haven't really developed any of the normal health problems associated with obesity.  Wow.  It's very sobering to describe myself like that in black and white, but it is true.  I am obese.   However, I know that if I continue on this path I am facing diabetes, heart problems, high blood pressure and joint problems.

This is the beginning of a positive change in my life.  With the help of God, my family, (particularly my son who is a body building health nut)  I pray that I will lose weight for the last time.

My next post will detail the changes that I'm planning to make to my diet.  Tomorrow will be my last "first day" of a new eating plan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment