Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tea party "results"

Food has been much better, so I decided to go to the tea party today.  My plan was to eat a few snacks if there were healthy ones available, and to stay away from sweets.  I did well!  I ate some fruit, nuts, a cucumber finger sandwich on whole wheat, and a few other healthy things.  I was really proud of myself.  It was a treat, I didn't feel deprived, and I didn't travel along the sugary path to torture.

Fast forward to this evening.  I snacked all evening.  Not necessarily unhealthy things, but I'm sure I consumed more calories than I should have and I didn't stick with my normal healthy dinner.  What's also a negative facet of this is that after a while I wasn't really eating out of hunger, I was eating just for the sake of doing so.  

After the party, I was really determined to get straight back on plan.  Am I that sensitive to any of the fat and sugar I may have consumed at the party that I didn't even realize?  Do I have such an all or nothing mentality than any variation from my normal food plan, even if it's not "cheating", leads to overeating later?  Or.....had this event not been so soon after some binges would I have handled things better?  

Not sure what the answer is.  Will ponder that, because I want this to be a learning experience to draw from in the future.  

This week will be busy; my co-worker is on vacation so I will be working more.  I'm hoping to use that to my advantage.  I'll be too busy to plan binges and I'll be leaving work later so I will not want to stop and buy junk food.  Getting home later will making exercise more of a challenge, though.  I will overcome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment