Saturday, January 14, 2012

up 2 pounds

My weight in today reflected a gain of 2 pounds.  Actually, I'm quite surprised that it wasn't 5-10 pounds after the overeating I've done during the past month.

I need to be very careful.  In my disordered way of thinking, it is easy to say "I ate ALL of that and only gained two pounds??!!!  Hmmmm.......a little more junk wouldn't hurt."  But it does hurt.  It keeps me on an unhealthy path physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

On another note, I read recently that some people find that taking a Glutamine supplement helps with sugar cravings.  I'm sure it's not a miracle cure, but I don't think it could hurt.  I purchased some today.  Has anyone had experience with this?

2 comments:

  1. I lost my sugar cravings when I stopped eating it. Once it's out of your system you can take it or leave it. If you are using eating to cope with life, glutamine won't help nor will any other supplement. Have you ever tried a low-carb eating plan? It sounds like you need to get carbs in general out of your system for the most part. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input! I don't really follow a low-carb plan, but I don't eat refined carbs. If I stick to my plan (low fat, low/no sugar) I usually don't crave sugar. If sugar is out of my system, the majority of the time I can take it or leave it.

    However, there are times that I stray, whether it is due to emotional reasons or if I'm just tired of "depriving" myself, or if I decide that I'm going to eat junk food regardless of the consequences that I start down that slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete