Monday, December 26, 2011

back to normal

Christmas was wonderful!!  I had some precious time with my family.  It was busy, but not as stressful as some years have been in the past.  I was blessed to be able to spend time in church with my husband and both of my kids.  My son hasn't gone to church with us in several years, so this was very special.

As for food......I ate far too much and didn't make the wisest choices.  I ate some sugary treats, and some that were far too calorie laden and full of fat.  I know that it will be hard to get back on track.  But I am doing so.  Back to normal.  However, this normal is a new normal that I intend to make permanent.  Normal is a healthy diet full of fruits, veggies and lacking in sugar and high fat, processed foods.  Normal includes exercise.  Normal includes not fixating on the foods that perhaps I should not have eaten over the past several days, and allowing the guilt to begin the cycle that ends in eating more junk food.

On another note - I learned that fat free greek yogurt really can be used as a substitute for sour cream!  I mixed 2 cups of fat free greek yogurt with 2 cups of salsa and a couple of teaspoons of taco seasoning to make a dip and it was delish!!!  Even my family members who don't like healthy foods loved it.  It can be served with veggies, whole grain tortilla chips, wheat thins....whatever you'd like.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment