Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yesterday was not the fresh start that I planned/needed/wanted.  It started out well; a healthy breakfast followed by a healthy lunch.  I had to stop by the drugstore for Tylenol on the way home from work.  3 Reese trees, a Hershey's Pot of Gold box,  Mrs. Fields cookies and some chocolate milk jumped into my basket!!!  How did they get there?  Ok, ok, I'm not insane.  They didn't jump in, I put them there.  In fact, I planned doing so on the way to the store.

I ate the Reese trees, about 10 pieces of candy, and probably 3 cookies.  I then threw the rest of the candy away and gave the rest of the cookies away.  I suppose I should at least be proud that I didn't save it for later.  Because, sure enough, even though immediately after I ate all of that junk I may have been disgusted at the thought of more chocolate,  hours later I wished I still had it.

The first two Reese trees were delish.  The third was still sort of good.  By the time I started on the candy, cookies, and chocolate milk, it didn't even taste that good.  Why did I continue?

I just can't eat as much chocolate/sugar as I could in the past.  And it doesn't taste as good.  Why can't I remember this BEFORE I start??  Even just a few short hours later, I'm ready to do it again.  What am I getting out of this that I have a compulsive desire to repeat behavior that doesn't really seem to be rewarding?

I did eat a healthy dinner, but I didn't exercise.  I didn't exercise the day before, either.  I'm committed to making this a healthy day.  Anyone out there joining me?

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain and wish I had some easy answer on how to get past those moment when you want to eat something you shouldn't.. but I don't.

    For me, on my journey, I am just so incredible motivated and focused that my slip up's are few and far between. I want this weight off so badly. So badly that cupcakes, pizza, burgers and chocolate are just poison to my mental well being.

    Of course, it helps being in the US. I can't stand most of the chocolate here. Now, if I was home in England, it would be so much tougher to avoid all chocolate.

    Today will be a good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too harsh on yourself - and just remember how far you've come.
    Maybe next time just CHOSE ONE: either a chocolate OR a cookie ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement!!! Today has been much, much better.

    Lorena - oh, how I wish I could just choose one. I'm just not capable of doing so. Maybe one day I will bel. I know that there are those who would disagree with me, but I compare my lack of self control with sugar to an alcoholic's lack of will power with alcohol. Moderation just doesn't work.

    thanks again for the kind words!!!!!

    ReplyDelete